Update during School Closure

We have all received the notice from our School District that school is closed until April 22nd. Since we meet in Mesnier, and groups larger than 10 people can’t gather, we are unable to hold meetings. As soon as St. Louis County allows for larger groups to gather, we will find a park to meet in. 

I received an email from Kia Kima. They have extended the $50 first deposit to May 8. I need to know if your Scout wants to attend Summer Camp, but you have not given me the deposit. (There are some Scouts that don’t like the green tents. We will be bringing several Troop Tents. I do not want to have Scouts not attend Summer Camp.)

From our District Director – Summer Camps and other Events: As of right now, our summer camps are still on along with our Spring Camporee and ScoutFest 2020. None of the other cancellations apply to our summer camp programs and events occurring beyond the closure period of APRIL 5th. The Council will continue to monitor the situation closely.

Our PLC chose to go to a different GSLAC Camp for that weekend in April. I fully understand the Scouts want to camp. I want to camp. If they do open camps, Troop Leadership will have to evaluate if we do camp that weekend. My worry is having enough food for 15 people.

I encourage Scouts to work on Merit Badges and Rank Requirements. Have your Scout look at the requirements for their next rank. I have posted a 30 Day Second Class Challenge here and will post it in the Troop Google Classroom. Remember, parents can’t sign off on the Rank Requirements. Once the Troop is meeting again, we will have the PLC sign off. 

I am working on adding presentations for Communication and Citizenship in the Community to the Troop Google Classroom. Once I have updated them, I will let everyone know..